Terms and conditions
All work undertaken by The Thinking Shed Limited is subject to the following terms of business, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
1. In all matters The Thinking Shed Ltd adheres to the Code of Conduct of the British Market Research Society. The company does not engage in any activity which has as its real purpose the promotion or selling of goods or services and is solely concerned with market research undertaken in a spirit of complete impartiality. We draw attention to the following, with regard to client contact with The Thinking Shed Limited.
a) Unless there is a specific agreement in writing to the contrary, the name of the client commissioning the research is confidential: and the findings of the research are confidential to the client.
b) The method of conducting a research project must be approved by the client in advance. Any substantial alteration to the proposed method during the course of the project must also be approved by the client.
d) The identity of participants is not shared with nor revealed to any other third party. Exceptions to this rule may occur where participants have expressly consented to their name being revealed to the a third part or a Client where the Client has undertaken not to use such names except for bona fide data processing of research.
e) Unless agreed to the contrary, The Thinking Shed will host this content for 3 months after completion. After this period it will be deleted.
2. The Thinking Shed Ltd cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by circumstances beyond its control.
3. If technical issues occur we will do everything that we can to remedy in a timely fashion and ensure that the project commissioned remains on track. In instances where this is not possible we will inform the client as soon as we are able to and within 24hrs of identifying any significant issue. Technical issues that mean the project cannot go ahead will result in a full refund of any project costs only.
4. Projects at a value of over £2,000 will be invoiced in two instalments: 50% on commission of the work, 50% on completion. Projects of the value less than £2,000 will be billed at 100%, unless agreed to the contrary.
5. The Thinking Shed Limited reserves the right to withdraw access to the project if the client has failed to produce a Purchase Order Number or sufficient invoicing instructions before project set-up begins.
6. Fees involving foreign fieldwork costs are based on the exchange rates prevailing between sterling and the currencies of the survey countries on the specified date. The rates used are those quoted weekly in the Financial Times “Guide to World Currencies”. The Thinking Shed Limited reserves the right to adjust the final fee in line with any rate fluctuations during the course of the survey itself.
7. The Thinking Shed Ltd reserves the right to adjust the fee and date of completion in the event of a client substantially altering the agreed specification.
8. If the number of tasks for a project increases from the original quote we will re-cost accordingly.
9. Whilst every endeavour is made to be flexible around the demands of clients we reserve the right to charge an additional fee should continual changes in content be made after the submittal of the project form.
10. In the event of a project being cancelled by the Client following the commission of a project, The Thinking Shed Ltd reserves the right to impose the following cancellation charges: 25% of the total quoted fee prior to the commencement of field work or the total cost of expenses incurred to that point or 50%-100% of the total quoted fee once fieldwork has commenced.
11. “DPA” means the Data Protection Act 1998 AND GDPR ruling from 25th May 2018 as from time to time amended, extended, re-enacted or consolidated and all statutory instruments made pursuant to it; and “Personal Data” means the personal data (as defined by the ICO in reference to GDPR) relating to the Client’s customers, prospective customers and any other individuals to whom the services under this Agreement may relate. In the course of providing the services The Thinking Shed Limited be compiling, processing and storing Personal Data for the Client and the parties agree that, where this is the case, the following provisions shall apply:
11.1 The Thinking Shed Limited and the Client are each responsible for complying with their respective obligations under the DPA;
11.2 The Thinking Shed Ltd shall act only in accordance with Client’s instructions with regard to the processing of the Personal Data; and
11.3 The Thinking Shed Limited shall use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Data as required by the DPA.
12. The Thinking Shed does not accept responsibility for the quality of data connection that participants experience. While we will assist where ever we can, not ensure the compatibility of devices or participants ability to operate. NB – Participants are responsible for any costs incurred when using data to access The Thinking Shed.
13. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.